Tuesday, August 14, 2012

#YOLO

How my life has changed from just a year or two ago... my bro just called to tell me that I should come deer hunting with him this fall, and I didn't skip a beat. "Absolutely. I'm in."

REALLY?! Hunting?
Yup. I'm in.

I let him talk me into crossbows the other day. When that didn't work out I challenged him to throw me from the tube. Where is this coming from?!

I won.

Other things I've noticed... I'm really full of energy, and I'm a raging hormonal sex bomb. (That may be a construct of lifestage.) I got a new puppy, I'm listening to electronica and I'm gearing up to build furniture and make a LOT of compost.

She's pretty irresistible. 

Here's my theory, though: I think it's the regenerative power of happiness, and a willingness to engage in any and all opportunity that comes your/my way.

A young viking asked me the other day if he should put off going to school in order to travel abroad for a year.
"Go to Italy." I said.
"No question."
"You HAVE to go to college, for the JOY, but if you have this opportunity you have to take it."

Carpe Diem!! (or #YOLO for those born post 1996)
Pack this life to the gills with joy and love and experience and learning.

NOW. Go.


No comments:

Post a Comment